Whether an LGBTQ+ person is struggling with alcohol, marijuana, amphetamines, barbiturates, opiates (heroin), Wildwood Farm is dedicated to helping the individual make the life changes needed for a sustainable recovery. Each person’s unique life experience and struggle with addiction is a starting point to better understand the deeper emotional reasons for their addiction. This emotional connection between one’s life experience and addiction is exactly where the person in recovery can learn new mood regulation skills. Life as an LGBTQ+ person has many wonderful gifts and challenges.
“Do I really have a problem?”
A SURVEY OF ADDICTION
Please answer “yes” or “no” to the following statements:
- My use of alcohol or drugs has caused distress and/or problems for my family and home life… “yes” or “no”?
- I have financial problems because of my use of alcohol and/or drugs… “yes” or “no”?
- I am keeping secrets regarding my use or amount of alcohol and/or drugs… “yes” or “no”?
- There are people that I would normally not intend to associate with in my life because of my use of alcohol and/or drugs… “yes” or “no”?
- Loved ones, family or friends have pointed out my problems with alcohol and/or drugs before I’ve addressed them… “yes” or “no”?
- There have been times that I have used alcohol and/or drugs alone… “yes” or “no”?
- I have used alcohol and/or drugs excessively to the point of blacking out and forgetting what had occurred for a period of time… “yes” or “no”?
- I have driven a car while drunk or high… “yes” or “no”?
- At least once I’ve been treated by a doctor, hospital or treatment facility for problems related to my use of alcohol and/or drugs… “yes” or “no”?
- I have had legal issues or violations related to my use of alcohol and/or drugs… “yes” or “no”?
*If you answer “yes” to any of the questions you are encouraged to speak with a professionally licensed Drug and Alcohol Counselor about the possibility of having an addiction. If you answered “yes” to three or more you most likely have an addiction and may need treatment from a professional who can help.